The casting was beautiful. The screenplay was beautiful. The music, my god, was beautiful. If you're unfamiliar with Beethoven's compositions, and by unfamiliar, I mean you haven't spent much time or depth getting immersed in it, I suggest you get yourself acquainted. The main and recurrent track of this film is Symphony No. 7 in A Major Op 92. Allegretto. I'd say, bittersweet comes to mind. About a minute and fifty seconds into the movement, you find the dynamics increasing with excitement and translucent vigor. The demonic entrance sets the stage for the uplifting tension resolution. As a musician, you might correspond a piece directly to your feelings. And here we go again. This might be one of the most visualistic pieces EVER.

I'll admit it. I have an artistic crush on Lee Pace. The Blue Bandit. I've been talking to a lot of friends lately about actor crushes and so far, Clive Owen and Josh Hartnett have taken the lead. You have to admit, there are some performances that pluck your strings better than others. I couldn't have found a more suitable actor for the part of The Blue Bandit. His demanding-respect-voice, and his austere mannerisms...and Tarsem's uncanny ability to incorporate a bond between innocence and badassness. Ay papi. It wouldn't surprise me if noone had a clue what I was talking about. If you have an hour and seventeen minutes to spare, I suggest you take the time to watch this modern masterpiece. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUqDzBpaAw

No comments:
Post a Comment