Monday, December 1, 2008

Letting go and picking up


I won't take my make up off before I fall asleep tonight. I will smile before I subject myself to a night of happy dreams, because, we all know happy dreams derive from a face full of smiles. Its so much harder to write when you have a completely white abyss of a screen taunting your eyes as you scramble your thoughts together before bed. Currently I have my toofbrush poking out my mouth (Chris Asquith style) with a bit of paste residue collecting in the creases of my chin. Yummy. At least I smell like mint right?

I think we all try to be wise beyond our years. The brightest moments come from those who don't think. God, I thank Ian for the text he sent me, "I am sorry let's get away soon let's have some fun before we have to grow up." Something about that reminds me of MGMT's "Kids." You all better know what song I'm talking about. The excessively popular track used in nearly 3/4 snowboard movies I've seen in the past year. It's like a skeleton of a promise, you know its there but its not enough to distract you fully from your life's problems. The meat, the fun, is yours to make do. Who wants bad meat? Who wants to grow up?

AND OF COURSE "FOREVER" comes on my shuffle by VHS or Beta. Agh, life- the things you'll do to keep us in check.
I bought a Jones soda (fufu berry or something lame) from Smiths before Heidi, Amy, and I hit home after our weekly CB rendezvous. Once again, I'm relying purely on personal experience, but you know how the cap has a little message enscribed within? Well, mine tonight read,
"Be an angel, save a life."
I tried reading into it, but nothing happened. Maybe it was a random message that had nothing to do with me...but then again, I'm overly superstitious about things like that and I guarantee that that cap will be on my mind for the rest of this week. Although, now that I come to think of it, once I finished reading the small print in the cap, I looked down and realized I didn't have my seatbelt on. A sign? I guess I saved my own life.





Spoiled meat is spoiled fun. Be an angel, save a life.

No comments: